Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Authentcation CiscoWorks LMS 4.1 with ACS 5.3

Dear

i have a problem authenticating cisco LMS user through ACS 5 whenever tries  to run a DCR Job  verification it fails to telnet , however it used to work with the pervious ACS 4 but after upgrade , it seems to be a problem , and when i tries to login with this specific user with third party terminal it works fine.

here is logg in the ACS monitor

Failure Reason > Authentication Failure Code Lookup

Failure Reason :

13031 TACACS+ authentication request missing user Password

Generated on:March 12, 2013 7:09:37 PM AST

Description

The TACACS+ authentication request did not provide a user Password

Resolution Steps

The  device is sending a TACACS+ authentication request that is missing  information needed by ACS. Check the device to verify that it is working  properly and has up-to-date software

2 Replies 2

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

LMS 4.0 allowed only ACS (tacacs) authentication - not authorization. You would have to define roles on the LMS server for authorization. With ACS 5 - there really is no support to add in roles (as in ACS 4.0) in the ACS server. I may not be stating this exactly right, but LMS 4.X broke the integration with ACS ... someone else maybe able to give a better explanation.

I'm running the latest version of both, and it's running fine for me.  You may have to change your TacacsPromts.ini file to include the right prompts.  I think it's:

[TELNET]

USERNAME_PROMPT=

PASSWORD_PROMPT=

You'll have to put in your own prompts, though.   Whatever your prompts are, is what goes afterward.

If my prompt is Myspecialprompt: and pass is Myspecialpassword:, I'd use

[TELNET]

USERNAME_PROMPT=Myspecialprompt:

PASSWORD_PROMPT=Myspecialpassword:

If you have more devices with different prompts, just use a comma after the colon.  Btw, you don't need the credentials in there, just the custom prompts.