Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with SNMP Modifications in NX-OS

fabricio.monte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I'm having a problem to modify SNMP community in NX-OS.

I already have a community defined in my Nexus 7K:

snmp-server community xxxx group network-admin

I want to add 1 more community with the following commands:

snmp-server community yyyy ro

But when i do this, i receive an error message:

cannot make changes for SNMP community

I modify the contact information, the location information, i add more hosts to receive traps but when i try to add the community i receive the error above.

Does anybody known what's happening and why I can´t add another SNMP community ?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is the nexus document to configure the roles correctly:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_0/nx-os/security/configuration/guide/sec_tacacsplus.html#wp1397040

Ensure you configure TACACS server for network admin role to make changes on nexus using the above link.

-nael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Are you logged in locally or using TACACS? If you are using TACACS, you need to define the correct roles with the correct permissions to make any changes.

Hi Nael,

I'm logged using TACACS.

With the same user that i used in NX-OS, I can configure, ASAs, routers and switches in the datacenter and even in the NX-OS I can configure something but modify the SNMP community I couldn't.

I don't know if there is some special configuration within the TACACS about the NX-OS.

Regards,

Fabricio

Here is the nexus document to configure the roles correctly:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_0/nx-os/security/configuration/guide/sec_tacacsplus.html#wp1397040

Ensure you configure TACACS server for network admin role to make changes on nexus using the above link.

-nael

Hi Nael,

Thanks four your help and I will see the TACACS configuration and ensure that my user will have the network admin role.

Regards,

Fabricio