Views
Helpful
Replies

Probleme with Active Directory module LMS v4

iibesis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with the authentication module MS Active Directory LMS v4.

All members of the Active Directory have access to LMS (All my company).

They inherit the default role. The default role has no rights...

It's not very secure because they can see some part of administration or create portlets. I would block their access (LMS is open for ALL !!).

It's possible ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

This is expected behaviour in LMS 4.0 as per the architecture of LMS 4.0.

Kindly have a look at this doc link by Joe Clarke.

LMS 4.0 provides built-in role-based access control.  That's right, you can now create custom roles and limit device access without ACS.  Sure, you can still use ACS (even ACS 5.x) for authentication, but LMS 4.0 gives you a very flexible RBAC authorization model out of the box.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/network-management/blog/2010/08/28/the-journey-to-lms-40

If you integrate LMS 4.0 with ACS or AD, only authentication module will be supported for the user and they will be assign default helpdesk privileges only. You need to create to local user and assign the privileges you want.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

This is expected behaviour in LMS 4.0 as per the architecture of LMS 4.0.

Kindly have a look at this doc link by Joe Clarke.

LMS 4.0 provides built-in role-based access control.  That's right, you can now create custom roles and limit device access without ACS.  Sure, you can still use ACS (even ACS 5.x) for authentication, but LMS 4.0 gives you a very flexible RBAC authorization model out of the box.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/network-management/blog/2010/08/28/the-journey-to-lms-40

If you integrate LMS 4.0 with ACS or AD, only authentication module will be supported for the user and they will be assign default helpdesk privileges only. You need to create to local user and assign the privileges you want.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hello,

To solve the issue, I use an OU in active directory with a group CiscoWorks. Only users in the group can finally connect to CiscoWorks.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: