cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Archive Sync fails

sfenderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have two  7206 routers that I can't get the configs from. I have double checked credentials. The failures show as:

CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for ber10 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times.

I can login to the Ciscoworks box and manually telnet to these using the Windows Telnet client.

I collected a sniffer trace and have attached it. Appreciate any comments/help. It looks like the Ciscoworks server just closes the connection after it sees the Password: prompt.

Steve

6 Replies 6

sfenderson
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to add that this is LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1 on Windows 2003.

Hi,

Kindly post the screenshot of Device Credentials verification report for 2 problematic devices from RME > Devices > Device Management > Device Credentials verifiaction job.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Here is the screen shot of a credentials check. It shows Telnet incorrect of course but so does the actual archive sync job.

Hi,

Are we using Tacacs for authentication. ?

Kindly post the screenshot showing how you login to the device , i mean how the username and password promot while logging to this device.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

OK, I figured out the problem. These 2 devices do not use TACACS but all our other devices do. These 2 use the password on the VTY lines and an enable password. In the device credentials I was specifying the VTY password as the USERNAME and then the enable password as the password and enable password. So RME was looking for a Username prompt and never got one. I changed the credentials to specify a password and enable password only and this works. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Glad to know finally the issue got fixed.

Have great weekend.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet