cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Frequent disconnection for VPN.

buffy1289
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, need some help. Would anyone have any idea what could cause frequent disconnection of VPN for RV345? Was not able to see what is the cause from the logs. Have to reboot it.

Suspect could be due to cpu/memory resources not being released properly so we have scheduled a weekly reboot but this did not solve the problem. 

10 Replies 10

Hello,

are you talking about a site to site VPN between two RV345 routers, or remote access VPNs terminating on the RV345 ?

One thing to always check is if you are running the latest firmware. With these router models, it can also help to do a factory reset and configure everything from scratch...

Hi, George. Thanks for your reply. RV345 is configured as a VPN for our remote users to access our internal resources.

The firmware is already the latest version. Will the problem be completely be resolved by doing a factory reset? 

The firmware is already the latest version. Will the problem be completely be resolved by doing a factory reset? 

May be yes or know, depends on the issue, but that is one of the suggestion made available.

i take this approach different, i do factory reset, upgrade to latest firmware if any available, and configure simple and test it, and gradually increase the config to next level.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, BB,

Thanks for your response. Understand what you mean about whether factory reset will work or not. As for the suggestion to start simple, it is not that feasible for my current setup. Thanks anyway.

Sure if this in production network, its hard to find that issue to be resolved. as some time they organically grown (the problem occured) s- my suggestion see if this overloaded ? what was the last change which lead to caused this issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, BB,

I understand what you are trying to do. I just took over recently so not sure when it starts having this issue. I will check out on this and get back if I find out something of use. Thanks.

Hello,

the problem might be the clients. Which VPN client(s) are we talking about (e.g. AnyConnect, built-in Windows client) ?

Hi, Georg,

Thanks for your response. VPN clients used by my users are not really controlled - I know OpenConnect or OpenVPN are used usually. The connection is refused at the RV345 end so is it possible the caused is at the clients side? Users will close their VPN application and try to connect again.

Hello,

I am not sure the RV345 supports OpenVPN at all. They do support AnyConnect SSL VPN for sure (check the link below):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/1399-tz-best-practices-vpn.html#types-of-vpn

Hi, Georg,

Noted abt the compatibility. My VPN is SSL VPN. I need to double check on whether OpenVPN client is used. Thanks for your response.

Rgds,

Florence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: