cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Randomly disconnecting from the internet

azimirhotic
Level 1
Level 1

I just implemented an RV345 router at my company and for some reason, every 3-4 minutes the internet drops for 20 seconds. I was running a continuous ping to 8.8.8.8 and google.com and you see the response timeouts when it drops. 

The router is connected to a bridged modem with a static public IP address. To make sure it's not the ISP I statically IPed my laptop to the public IP address and ran some tests.  I never dropped ones for the next 2 hours but as soon as I went back to the router I started dropping packets randomly. 

Wondering if someone would know what could be causing this issue.  the router is at the latest firmware. 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of bandwidth from ISP, what is the utilisation ?

what is firmware running for now?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am getting 450 down and 60 up.... Utilization is minimal as I have my laptop plugged into the router only. As for the firmware version I would have to check tomorrow as I don't remember the number but I know it's the latest version for the RV 345 model because I upgraded it as soon as I unpacked it.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Also check the logs on the  RV345, better still - configure a syslog server, to keep watching and analyzing logs in a                                                                              more flexible manner.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

michael
Level 1
Level 1

Hello azimirhotic,

I have had a similar (the same?) issue with an RV345 where
[1] WAN1 was configured with a static IP address and connected
[2] WAN2 was left on DHCP (per default) and not connected.

With the above configuration, there were times when everyting worked smoothly and the, all of a sudden I would packets would be dropped in bulk. Or even more strangely observed behavior: drop one, reply ok, drop one, reply ok, ... and so forth.
Needless to say, an unworkable situation.

As soon as I configured a static IP address on my WAN2 interface (and kept it disconnected) the drops in my continuous ping disappeared. I recall leaving it running overnight and when checking next morning I had onbly missed 14 out of 43900 packets, due to connectivity loss by my iSP.

Perhaps this can be of help to you.
Michael.