Views
Helpful
Replies

Simulator or Emulator

Jhoanna Serpa
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.

I need a tool simulator or emulator for my work, because before a change first i would have to configure in tool and before I configure in the production environment, I have 4506 e-series, catalyst 2760, catalyst 2960 and We need a simulator or emulator that can me configure whit those devices.

Who can a tool that can me to do this??'

Best regards

Jhoanna

5 Replies 5

riyaaz000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Try GNS3

http://www.gns3.net/download/

hope that helps

Regards

Please rate all usefull posts and dont forget to close solved questions.

Thanks Riyaaz but with GNS3 I can't simulate the devices that I described in the previous post, i need a tool that I can emulate these devices

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For the equipment you listed there are no simulators. You'll have to purchase the hardware for your test lab.

My institution don't have money to buy the same devices to test environment, and I need some tool because we have to have a tool to first configure the new updates or changes in the simulator o emulator and after run the changes in the production environment.

That's a management call at this point. They either have to purchase the gear so you can test config deployment or they can choose not to spend the money and take the risk of misconfiguration during the change. There are no simulators.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card