cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full

Hi 

I am using Cisco 1002-X router with  IOS Version 15.5(3)S2b,

I have configured snmp but it is not working and also generating logas below

Sep 11 06:39:51.204: %SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full
Sep 11 06:40:52.863: %SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full
Sep 11 06:42:02.259: %SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full
Sep 11 06:43:50.083: %SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full

and also cpu utilization is 100%

Please give the solution.

2 Replies 2

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!!!

I understand that is not the same model of device but I think your are experiencing this issue: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/snmp-sw1-3-input-qfull-err-packet-dropped-due-to-input-queue/td-p/2272033

You can do two things, 1. reset the SNMP process, by doing "no snmp-server" and add these again in the device, 2. Please read the explanation from  Preston Chilcote (in the previus link) and try to find the SNMP OID that is causing the issue, here is the the workaround procedure:

Workaround:
Do a warm restart of SNMP ENGINE to get device respond to snmp request.
OR
Create a snmp-server view blocking this portion of the mib tree or the CISCO-SWITCH-ENGINE-MIB.
ie:
snmp-server view cutdown iso included
snmp-server view cutdown 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.97 excluded

Apply the view to your community:

no snmp-server community < your string here> RO
snmp-server community < your string here> view cutdown RO

You can find this in this Bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul86573

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

This post is one of my best post in a long time. It resolves the issues at hands with a little much effort.  The end result was a charm.