Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for current port utilization of 2960, 3560, and 3750 switches

HyeonCheol Cho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

Does any one know the SNMP OID for current utilization of ports on Cisco 2960, 3560, and 3750 switches?

After enabling mls qos on the LAN, we are experiencing a lot of packet drops on ports of 2960, 3560, and 3750 switches. In an troubleshooting effort, I would want to capture data to come out with a proper queue/buffer sizes.  Below are the pieces of information I am trying to capture and I am interested in finding out the SNMP OID for those pieces of information.

1. When the switches use FIFO queue for egress traffic, what SNMP OID should I use to find out the enqueud packets?  ( Queue depth ? )

2. When the switches use mls qos mechanism ( 1p3q3t queuing mechanism ),

a. which OID can tell me know the current egress traffic rate?

b. which OID should I use to capture the drop rates of each queue?

I would be greatful if someone can tell me know the MIB module or the exact OID.

P.S: I spent almost 5 hours today playing with the MIB browser to find the right OID without getting the answer.

Thank you

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

There is no OID for utilization.

I don't the mibs are up to speed to monitor the QOS.

Cisco tools like QPM use cli to get the QOS data.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

thank you for your input and comments. it appears that my question mislead you.

I am interested in finding OIDs for traffic rate/second and drop rate/second for each queue. I believe there should be some objects defined in the MIB for Cisco devices.

Maybe something you need is in this mib: CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB.my that is available on C3560.

I did a search on "qos drop" for cisco on http://www.mibdepot.com

Also on the cisco site details on this mib are available.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.34.1.1#oidContent

I still think to get the rate/sec you will have to calculate yourself.

Keep in mind that these OID may work on one cisco device but not on another.

Many mibs are partialy supported by an IOS.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your info.

Just to share. I also found a couple of good ones as below.

lifEntry,1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1,OLD-CISCO-INTERFACES-MIB, With this MIB module, you can find almost all information related to the interface statistics.

ciscoPortQosMIBObjects,1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.189.1,CISCO-PORT-QOS-MIB, With this MIB Module, you can also find QoS related information of switch ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco