Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Support for Cloud Services Routers

sfriday02
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have set up GRE tunnels and BGP from my premise running ISR's with newer code to CSR's in Google Cloud and Amazon and the links do not display in Network Assistant. (Getting Unsupported Device Errors).

I know Network Assistant is working as it draws links to ISR's regardless of network types with MIB2 objects enabled and BGP peers established. But on the CSR's nothing works. Ideas?

Also if anyone has this working in HPOV/NNMI instead that would be okay too. But the challenge is the same. NNMI doesnt draw them either, leading me to believe the MIBS on the CSR arent working. If they dont work this would not be accepted by Operaitons.

Sincerely

SF

4 Replies 4

sfriday02
Level 1
Level 1

Also I do have CDP enabled on all the links with NBAR on.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Doubt CNA will be able to handle this properly, as it is old and no longer supported.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ok then what do you recommend, as HP Openview/Microfocus NNMI also cannot discover via SNMP existing Circuits terminating to Cloud Services Routers, meaning the MIBS themselves are not working. BGP sessions are running, and tunnels terminating. In other words this doesnt have anything specifically to do with Cisco Network Assistant.

What Cisco Management tools support the Cloud Services Routers in full or are their specific MIBS I need to load to get them to work? In most enterprise operations teams this would be a non-starter.

sfriday02
Level 1
Level 1

Ok so I made a bit of progress... the latest Cisco CSR Version 17.3.3 the SNMP MIB Views are defined, but not the MIBS themselves so I cant import them into a third party SNMP manager. Also vManage licenses are not available in any form I understand. Youtube Videos on vManager are showing ESXi appliances, but those appliances are not available on the Cisco website.... at least I cant find it...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card