Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 issue in Cisco SF350

Khundmir4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts, 

We have an issue with sf350 switches. I am trying to configure snmpv3 on sf350 switches to get switch performance metrics in nms server but it failing each time. When I do test credentials in nms program it says failed and snmp not configured etc.

I have done same configs in 2960x, 3560x, 3750x etc but they passed and nms is able to fetch data. Why sf350 is behaving strangely? I have tried all combination of des, Sha, and I even tried no auth and no priv but still not working. Any suggestions for the fix is highly appreciated. 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you followed below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-250-series-smart-switches/smb2641-configure-simple-network-management-protocol-snmp-users-on-a.html

try snmpwalk command level and check before you configure in NMS (what NMS) - make be required new MIB/OID need to download and add your NMS depends on vendor

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji, 

You are always quick to response and helpful as ever. Thank you for that.

Yes, I followed the same doc still no help. When I test the credentials it's failing, oid check and snmp walk is a next thing to do. The issue here is snmpv3 credentials are failing when testing them at the first time. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Download any SNMP walk tool available for Windows, do SNMPWALk, and show us the results to understand the issue.

Also, check on Switch Logs do you see the request come and any errors ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sure, I am going to do it and will let you know the outcome by tomorrow. Thanks again. 

Hi,

I have tried to get logs from Switch and I get this...

%SNMP-W-SNMPAUTHFAIL: Access attempted by unauthorized NMS: x.x.x.x.

Please note I have entered correct credentials in both in nms and switch. I even tried no auth no priv.

As far as snmpwalk is concerned, I do not have access to install it on my PC due to policies.

Is there any issue with this particular model SF350 48MP ver 2.2.7.7?

Khundmir4cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Any expert reading my query kindly reply. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: