cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard way to collect crash files for IOS XE devices

TedAsks
Level 1
Level 1

Wanted to know if there is a standard way to collect crash files for IOS XE devices.

We have ASR 1k routers and Cat 9k devices, so whenever we open TAC cases we get different info.

Is there any documentation which helps us which files we have to upload to the case to get resolution faster from TAC, based on our device type?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@TedAsks wrote:

Wanted to know if there is a standard way to collect crash files for IOS XE devices.

No, there is no "standard".  Period.  End of story. 

From experience, different IOS-XE versions have different "places" to store crashfiles.  Switches, i mean 3650/3850 and Catalyst 9k, are meant to store crashinfo files in the respective crashinfo-X: folders.  But it is now a "norm" that they DO NOT generate any crashinfo files when switches crash.  I say "norm" because there are A LOT OF bugs about appliances are unable to generate any crashlogs.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to have a look at the CLI analyzer https://cway.cisco.com/cli/ : it offers flexible ways for uploading crash files directly to TAC when connected to a device , and or to append that info to specific TAC case.  https://cway.cisco.com/docs/cisco-cli-analyzer/2.0/cisco-cli-analyzer-user-guide.pdf

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@TedAsks wrote:

No, there is no "standard".  Period.  End of story. 

From experience, different IOS-XE versions have different "places" to store crashfiles.  Switches, i mean 3650/3850 and Catalyst 9k, are meant to store crashinfo files in the respective crashinfo-X: folders.  But it is now a "norm" that they DO NOT generate any crashinfo files when switches crash.  I say "norm" because there are A LOT OF bugs about appliances are unable to generate any crashlogs.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: