cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Configurations

JPM AEIC
Level 1
Level 1

I have an upcoming project that will require reconfiguring 22 switches. Most of them are 300 series - the rest are 350 series. 

My question is: Can I use a configuration backed up from a SG350-28P and restore it to a SG300/350-10(MP/MPP). If it is possible, what are some pitfalls that I might not be aware of. Such as any settings not affected by the configuration file? In general, does a configuration transfer in this scenario care about port count? could I go from the same series 10-Port to a 52-Port. 

The configuration is fairly simple:

Static Management Addresses

10 VLAN's (Tagged/Untagged)

Access and Trunking Ports

QoS - DiffServ - Edited DSCP Values

IGMP Snooping and Per VLAN Filtering Settings

Other values will stay at default. In the future I might implement some Layer 3 capabilities, but not at this time. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can use same configuration, if you are going higer port density you need to apply that configuraiton manually on command level.

Instead, i take backup configuraiton and make a workbook and paste directly on device and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can use same configuration, if you are going higer port density you need to apply that configuraiton manually on command level.

Instead, i take backup configuraiton and make a workbook and paste directly on device and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card