cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch reset

pavkad
Level 1
Level 1

I have such a special question, I own a swicht SRW248G4 so this is the first manage swicht from Linksys together with CISCO. Since I used to use it, I wanted to use it now, however I don't remember the IP anymore, putty and hyperterminal won't start. There is no reset button, but I do remember that somehow the LAN ports got connected and a reset to default occurred. Please does anyone remember the procedure of linking those LAN ports?

Thank you

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI http://resetrouter.info/router/Linksys/SRW248G4

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This switch does not have a reset button. That's why I posted which one it is.

as per the model that is the document see, i have not hands on that device, we go with the information, can you post the image of the device ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Here, I have a photo of it in operation. The thing is, I can't get past the putty or the hyperterminal. I don't remember the IP I entered to configure it. I read somewhere once that it can be reset by connecting RJ45 to two ports that you connect with a LAN cable and let it go, this is supposed to reset it. But I don't remember where that was. I couldn't find a reset on the motherboard either.

linksys.jpg

- Reset button could be at the back and or post picture of back-side too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

There is no reset button on this device either on the back or on the side. Reset should be done via cross RJ45 but I don't know in what order the LAN ports are connected. It's actually the only switch that doesn't have a reset button

Dont have experience with the Linksys models

did the device has console  ?

https://oitibs.com/reset-linksys-srw-series-switches/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card