switchport-backup 3850-48xs-s

tikshoret
Level 1
Level 1
6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you also have a question ? It would then be really handy to be able to provide you an answer ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

taking a guess here , you looking for this ?

Configuring Flex Links

SUMMARY STEPS

1. configure terminal

2. interface interface-id

3. switchport backup interface interface-id

4. end

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/layer2/configuration_guide/b_lay2_3se_3850_cg/b_lay2_3se_3850_cg_chapter_0110.html#ID254

i'm sorry it did'nt post my questions

hi

i have 3850-48xs-s that configured as stackwise

and i conncet him with two interface 10g to 3850-12xs-s

the two switches configured as L2 switches

i dont want to use lacp between them

i have two questions

1.i want to use switch port backup (but the command is not support)

when the one interface is down or  vlan and mac address will come from the second interface

what the command is to do so?

2.there is command that if i stop get the mac address from the first interface(and the interface link is up)

it will be come from the second interface?

something like  monitor the interface or the mac address  that i decide to force the action?

regards

Hi
You could use STP , set 1 link on each end of it to spanning-tree cost 100000 , it will make it less preferred and go into BLK state and only if link A fails that is less preferred will it come up at layer 2 , you could test it easy enough by pulling a link or shutting it and watch the STP fail over to the other layer 2 path

it's ok

but i have something between them

(its transparent to the switches)

and i want if the the device that connect them but i have still link

its go to the back up even in the interface will be still up

i mean the mac address need to go from the backup interface

whats between them does it understand STP traffic ?

its go to the back up even in the interface will be still up
Mac address will go across whatever link it can as its layer 2 , so which ever link is up at teh time it will use

switchport backup interface is available on IOS-XE too so you could check the navigator and upgrade/downgrade the switch to an image that supports it if you want to use that

https://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card