cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog in LMS4.2.2

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have about 500 devices in my LMS4.2.2 and they are all managed by Hostname/DNS name. when I go look at the raw syslog file (tail -f syslog_info) I see most of the devices (more than half) sending syslog  mesaages by their IP address instead Thus do not show up in my 24-hour syslog report. my LMS is on soft appliance. Any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Perhaps use the logging source interface command to make the device send syslog with the management interface

Cheers,

Michel

There is only one interface in these switches (layer 2 access switches).

Then you DNS works from name to IP but not from IP to name.

Make sure reverse lookup is configured properly.

You can also create a local hostfile on the server

Cheers,

Michel

Not a DNS issue. DNS works and reverse works too. If it didn't work, RME would never manage devices by its DNS names. What I see that device is managed by its DNS (lets says 1-c-4507-22) name but the syslog (syslog_info) file seeing syslog coming from the IP address (10.1.1.22). I know it is wierd,  I can reacll back in RME3.x days there were similar issues with syslog and I have a feeling that  the bug has returned in LMS4.2.2. I tried delete/add device with no help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: