Helpful
Replies

tool to manage subnets

pamirian76
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I manage this network of thousands of subnets, basically a 10.10.x.x / 25 or 26

I need some software (other than excel) to keep track of what subnets are fee to be used and which ones are not with the ability to put notes on the subnets.

ideally a shared database so others could access the same information...

anyone knows of something that can do this?

I do not need scanning done on the subnets.

I just installed solarwinds free ip tracker but I can not tell it this subnet is fee and this one is not... it's more of a scanning tool.

thank you.                  

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SolarWinds IPAM tool does what you ask. It's able to scan and integrates with DHCP or DNS but that's by no means a prerequisite to getting good value out of it. It handles IPv6 and duplicate subnets (useful in service provider networks managing multiple customers' private space for example).

Many of the other commercial products want you to use their hardware appliances (for DNS and DHCP) to get the full benefit of the tool.

There are also many open source IP address management tools - phpIP and IPPlan are two I've used. The Wikipedia page on them gives you a long list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address_management

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: