Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transport preferred none / Transport Input SSH

I am currently updating routers and the current routers on my network were configured with the ip domain name command as well as the no ip domain lookup.  From doing my research I found that it is pointless to have both commands on the router.  I also learned that if you use transport preferred none on the line commands it will disable the dns lookup when you mistype a command which is what I would love to have.  However the lines have transport input ssh already configured.  Is it possible to run both commands?  What is the best practice in this situation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

Both transport input ssh and transport preferred none can be applied to VTY lines and you can still access the device remotely via SSH.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

Both transport input ssh and transport preferred none can be applied to VTY lines and you can still access the device remotely via SSH.

Thanks for the quick response, that was exactly what I needed to know.  

Can the device be accessible through telnet if we upgrade the ASR router on version asr1001x-universal.03.16.02.S.155-3.S2-ext.SPA.bin if "transport preferred none" is there?

Hello,

you can have 'transput preferred none' configured and still TELNET to the device (obviously make sure you have 'transport input telnet' configured).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco