cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to select individual devices in RME 4.3.1. Why would this be happening?

Russell Bovaird
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Another problem has surfaced with RME:

In RME NetConfig Jobs it would seem that selecting individual devices is a problem.

The "All devices" tick box can be selected, however the individual selections under it they are not available.

Screenshots below

top selection.jpg

Any ideas for a solution?  What logs are required?individual selections.jpg

17 Replies 17

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the NetconfigClient.log as well as the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log after loading the Netconfig device selector.

Joe,

please find attached the files as requested.

I have also noticed that even though the selection of the group of devices is allowed, if you keep going with the top selection, and error CFG0007 is produced.

Post the list of files under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkg and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/rme.

Joe,

plesae find list of files in each directory as requested.

Thanks

Yep, it looks like a package map problem.  Post the NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps/rme* files.  That said, if these maps are bad, you will need to contact TAC to get the procedure to regenerate the maps.  Your package repository looks okay at a quick glance, but it may not hurt to get TAC to send you an up-to-date set of RME packages as well.

Joe,

have attached the image of the directory requested.

I'll contact the TAC for the procedure to regenerate the maps (as well as get the new ones) if you still think that this is the path to take after seeing the picture above.

Thanks again for your responses.

Russ

In this case, I wanted the actual map files themselves.

Sorry Joe,

My bad

Please find attached both the files as requested.

Russ

Your package maps are corrupt.  You will need to get the steps from TAC to fix them.  That should take care of your Netconfig problem.

Thanks Joe.

I'll open a TAC case for the corrupt files.

For my knowledge:

Were the files attached corrupted?

How did you know? - ie what part was corrupt?

Thanks for all your assistance.

Russ

Yes, the attached files are corrupt.  If you look at the device map, the corruption should be very obvious.  Many of the lines are spliced, truncated, out of alignment, etc.

Hi Joe,

sorry it's taken so long to reply.

TAC were able to help and suggested that I run the following 2 commands which I did:

---

set NMSROOT=%CWMIBDIR%\..\..\..

%NMSROOT%\lib\jre\bin\java -classpath %NMSROOT%\lib\jre\lib;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath;%NMSROOT%\objects\log4j\1.1.3\log4j.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\jdom.jar;%NMSROOT%\www\classpath;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwhp\WEB-INF\classes com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps %NMSROOT%\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme

---

This has rectified this problem and https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2016907 problem.

Thanks again for your help

Russ

Hi Russel,

I have the same problem and running the commands you provided, I'm getting log4j:error. Any ideas?

This is not a problem.  The log4j message is expected.  The command looks to be running correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: