cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding licenses/PAK - LMS/Prime Infrastructure.

Hi,

I purchased an upgrade LMS 3.2 to Prime Infrastructure 1.2 and one more license for 300 devices.

I received 6 differents PAK numbers for:

Cisco Systens - R-PI12-UP-K9

L-PI12-LF-300-LIC - Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 300 Device Lic PAK

L-PILMS42-300-U - Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 300 Device Maj Upg Lic

R-PI12-BASE-K9 - Prime Infrastructure 1,2 Base License and Software

Cisco Systens - R-PI12-K9

L-PI12-LF-100-LIC - Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 100 Device Lic PAK

L-PILMS42-100 - Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 100 Device Base Lic

R-PI12-BASE-K9 - Prime Infrastructure 1,2 Base License and Software

I'll need to download 6 .lic files and install all?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI and LMS are both entitled products with your upgrade. You may install one, the other or both (but on separate hosts).

When you install either, you will need to use your Product Authorization Keys (PAKs) to download two license files - one for the base 100 devices and another for the 300 devices. You will need to do this separately for each product.

View solution in original post

The only thing the LMS 3.2 license gives you is the right to purchase the upgrade product using the upgrade SKU and thus saving money. The license itself on LMS 3.2 is not usable on either LMS 4.x or PI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI and LMS are both entitled products with your upgrade. You may install one, the other or both (but on separate hosts).

When you install either, you will need to use your Product Authorization Keys (PAKs) to download two license files - one for the base 100 devices and another for the 300 devices. You will need to do this separately for each product.

Hi Marvin,

Can I use the license of LMS 3.2 in PI 1.2? Because I'll deactivate LMS 3.2.

Thanks.

The only thing the LMS 3.2 license gives you is the right to purchase the upgrade product using the upgrade SKU and thus saving money. The license itself on LMS 3.2 is not usable on either LMS 4.x or PI.