Views
Helpful
Replies

Update from LMS 3.1 to 3.2

caytos1989
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Right now we have CiscoWorks 3.1 with SmartNet support until June 2012, can we update to 3.2 and keep the Support contract??

I downloaded the file for the update...but will it ask me for a serial number? or to put a file in a folder? will I loose all my configs?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  If you have a license for LMS 3.x, you can upgrade to any 3.x version for free.  I'm not sure where you're being asked for a serial number.  The LMS updates don't require any serial number.  The 3.2 image can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals/ .  This update can be installed directly on top of LMS 3.1.  While nothing should be lost, you should take a full backup before doing the 3.2 upgrade.

View solution in original post

Your Smartnet coverage will not be affected by upgrading from LMS 3.1 to LMS 3.2 as long as you remain on Windows at the 100 device licensing level.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  If you have a license for LMS 3.x, you can upgrade to any 3.x version for free.  I'm not sure where you're being asked for a serial number.  The LMS updates don't require any serial number.  The 3.2 image can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals/ .  This update can be installed directly on top of LMS 3.1.  While nothing should be lost, you should take a full backup before doing the 3.2 upgrade.

Joseph,

Thanks for the answer, however, I still have one question.

My SmartNet info below:

Product Number:                  CWLMS-3.1-100-K9

Service Product Number:     CON-SAS-LMS3100

Description:                          LMS 3.1 Windows ONLY 100 Device Restricted

Will my Smartnet still be active if I update to v3.2 ?

Thanks

Your Smartnet coverage will not be affected by upgrading from LMS 3.1 to LMS 3.2 as long as you remain on Windows at the 100 device licensing level.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card