cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco LMS to PI

dpinard
Level 1
Level 1

We currently operate Cisco Prime LMS v4.1 and we're looking to upgrade Cisco PI (Prime Infrastructure) in the next few weeks.

Is there an upgrade path from Cisco LMS to PI?  The reading I have completed seems to indicate that an upgrade can only be completed from Cisco NCS.

If I need to perform a new install of PI, can I somehow Migrate / Import my existing device database and config into the new software?  I have configured some syslog fault rules for e-mail notification, config templates, custom reports, etc, that I would also like to keep and not necessarily recreate.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

cwallin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, take a look at this URL:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2.2/release/notes/lms4_2_2_release_notes.html#wp1215655

In short, it looks like you can migrate:

Device Credentials Repository (DCR)

Software Image Management

Config Archive

Change Audit

Syslog

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As cwallin noted, LMS 4.2.2 patch added the ability to migrate some information from LMS to PI.

Most customers would not be well-served by migrating a mature LMS implementation to PI at this time due to the fact that PI does not yet have feature parity with LMS, Even PI 2.0 (due out in a couple of months) will not have complete feature parity.

See this link for a current comparison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: