Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade PI-UCS-APL-K9 CIMC

cnogueral
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need to upgrade the CIMC for a PI-UCS-APL-K9 but i don´t found the drivers or utility for this. I woud lie to know if i can upgrade this with the huu utility for ucs 220m4, or what could be the correct way to do that.

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should work, however, read the Release Notes carefully. 

The upgrade procedure/process found in the Release Notes is not helpful.  Go HERE instead.

Andrew Woolman
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find the firmware for this and get it upgraded?

You'll need to identify what is the exact model of the server. 

The PI-UCS-APL-K9 is based around the C220.  There are two different "models":  Gen 2 and Gen 3. 

The only way to remotely identify the exact model is to go to the CIMC.  

If the hardware is a C220 M4, then the HUU can be found HERE.

Thanks Leo,

I was really struggling to find the software.

The problem we're trying to resolve is that the Virtual Media native library failed to load so we can't mount the ISO. I was hoping that upgrading the CIMC would fix that issue but I see that the upgrade files for CIMC are ISO files.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to upgrade though this process within CIMC

CIMC Firmware.PNG

CIMC firmware upgrade can take up to 75 minutes. 
During the entire time, the entire box is dead.

Thanks Leo,

What we really want to do is upgrade Prime to version 3.8 but because we've upgraded from before version 3.4 there is no inline upgrade path. Maybe we'll just have to burn a DVD - who does that anymore?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: