cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent. DFM not receiving traps.

londint
Level 1
Level 1

I have reinstalled my DFM 1.1 and cannot get any mesages in my Monitoring tool.

In the Administration tool, i cann see all the devices I want it to poll. This use to work before.

On going to the Monitoring console, it is blank. What else do I need to configure.

We have HPOV on the same machine but I want DFM to get stats straight from the devices and not via HPOV. or for the devices to send straight to the DFM.

On the devices I have

Trap-Rec-Address Trap-Rec-Community Trap-Rec-Port Trap-Rec-Owner Trap-Rec-Index

---------------- ------------------ ------------- -------------- --------------

1.x.x.x public 162 1

Trap-Rec-Port : 162

On the DFM, the trap configuration is

Trap receiving from HPopenview:

Trap receiving: 9000

Hostname: 1.x.x.x

Trap forwarding: 162.

But i dont want this to receive from HPOV. Please what can I change?

Thanks

Please help!

2 Replies 2

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

If you don't want NNM to be the trap receiver you need to disable ovtrapd. Initially you can do an "ovstop ovtrapd", long term you need to do an "ovdelobj ovtrapd.lrf".

Then you need to configure DFM to listen to UDP port 162. If it's already doing that just restart it.

Thanks you very much. Before I used to get the messages Operationally Down and unresponsibve, but now I dont get them, that is why I wanted to stop receiving from HPOV.

It is not as if I want to stop HPOV from working. HPOV and CiscoWorks are on the same machine.

How do I get the messages to work again. I have edited the necessary mail_notifier files.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: