cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USB file transfer on Cisco 3560 switch as TFTP server

Aj59111
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure Cisco 3560 switch as tftp server. How do I upload files using USB (commands)? what commands should i check to verify if switch is capable of transferring files from USB.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i mean to say for TFTP, is this for one time ? or you looking on going requirement in day to day basis.

if it is one time, connect laptop to same switch (where you looking to configure TFTP on switch)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

use this link it will help you.

please do not forget to rate.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That is a very poor choice of hardware to act as a "TFTP server" because a plain 3560 only has 16 mb flash.

I am trying to update licences on wlc and there are no tftp servers in environment

Licenses can be uploaded using HTML.

I am adding licenses to my wlc 5508 which only allows TFTP. I am thinking to add licenses to cisco 3560 switch and tftp that to wlc 5508. for that reason I would like to know how to configure TFTP on 3560? and also how to add license files to the switch.

Rather complicating things, download simple TFTP freeware and put your Laptop as TFTP server and make use of it.

BB

My internal network is blocking connectivity to TFTP server on local host

i mean to say for TFTP, is this for one time ? or you looking on going requirement in day to day basis.

if it is one time, connect laptop to same switch (where you looking to configure TFTP on switch)

BB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the purpose or use case you like to configure TFTP, is this for backup  ?

here is reference guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12-2_52_se/configuration/guide/3560scg/swiosfs.html

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: