cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Ciscoworks to TFTP files to TFTP server

vblaha
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to get CW to send the commands copy running-config tftp? I want to send these files to an external TFTP server.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use Netconfig to do this, but you will most likely need to pre-create the file on the TFTP server. See the section in the RME online help for using interactive commands in Netconfig (http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_AdhocTasks.html).

The job successfully completes but it never hits my server. I ma using Pumpkin TFTP with the Netconfig script below

copy running-config tftp

xxx.xxx.255.58

As Michel said, make sure that TFTP server allows you to create a file. Beyond that, get a sniffer trace of the job to make sure the CLI interaction is working correctly. If so, get a sniffer trace of UDP traffic between the device and your TFTP server.

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

You need to use a tftp server like tftpd32 that allows you to create new files when you lower the security.

For the command you must keep in mind that the copy run tftp command is interactive.

RME has ways to deal with that using to do an enter or 1.1.1.1 to enter the tftpservers ip address.

Cheers

michel

The job successfully completes but it never hits my server. I ma using Pumpkin TFTP with the Netconfig script below

copy running-config tftp

xxx.xxx.255.58

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card