cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User access to resource on different subnet

mrochac
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here we go - is it possible or does cisco have a way to setup some sort of ACL or something that allows a user to access a device on a different subnet based on user account instead of ip? trying to eliminate the use of static ip (was my first choice) on ACL and checking if there is something that can validate the user and allow the user access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as mentioned until the end device have capable to do so, if not  it is not possible.

yes that is only best option i see for the user to get static IP and allow only required IP in the ACL.

or wait for other members suggestions (happy to learn here if something new come an idea).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

YES and NO depends on the device configured and using Radius / TACACS for user authentication, then you can setup Radius/TACACS allow

BB

SO we have some security devices (camera centralize management) that some users require access to, but, users dont have static IP's so that limits me to opening ACL to entire subnet vs allowing only the required user access to the web interface to the management page. i was hoping that there was something that could authenticate or confirm access to VLan base on roles or something...

as mentioned until the end device have capable to do so, if not  it is not possible.

yes that is only best option i see for the user to get static IP and allow only required IP in the ACL.

or wait for other members suggestions (happy to learn here if something new come an idea).

BB