cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking - reducing discovery time

lwhalley
Level 1
Level 1

We have about 300 managed devices in our CW server. We have tuned our ANI discovery where it takes from 1-5 minutes. However, the User Tracking discovery is taking anywhere from 6-12 hours (about 10,000 entries). I thought that it was only taking a couple of hours until recently. Is this indicating some sort of corruption that we need to deal with? I thought about doing a "perl reinitdb.pl", but wasn't sure that it would help or not.

We are running LMS 2.2 Campus Manager 3.3. We installed IDU 11 about a month ago.

Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

This is highly unusual. Do you have the Multiple Community String feature enabled? Have you checked for SNMP timeouts?

The multiple community string selection is enabled. I haven't specifically checked for SNMP timeouts - what would be the best way to do that?

There is only one device undreachable in Campus. All others show reachable through Campus, managed through RME, up through Reachability dashboard, current configs archived with RME, and also discovered through ANI each day. That is what is strange - everything other than the Campus discovery seems to be working great.

your problem may be with DNS... under user & host acquistion disable DNS and see if it it does it faster.. if you must have DNS names, then make sure your server knows all the domain names .. it has to go through an order if you have many ..e g.. it will see host one and try to resolve its name (via DNS) according to your server DNS suffix names one by one till it finds a match.