cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using an 819 ro 809 cell router as a standard router with firewall

plcGUY
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question in regards to both the 819 and 809 cell routers.

Can you disable the cellular part of these routers and use them as a router with firewall? 

Please see attached CISCO.pdf file.  I wanted to verify if I can use the above routers with firewalls in place of my existing routers, while still using a satellite feed.  Eventually, I would like to phase out the satellite in favor for the cellular communication capability available on the 819 or 809.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

I know for sure the 819s can be used as a regular router, you can just disable the cellular interface (shutdown) on them and use the GE WAN port to connect to the ISP modem.

Then when you are ready to phase out the satellite connection just enable/config the cellular interface, pop in a SIM and disable the GE WAN port.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

I know for sure the 819s can be used as a regular router, you can just disable the cellular interface (shutdown) on them and use the GE WAN port to connect to the ISP modem.

Then when you are ready to phase out the satellite connection just enable/config the cellular interface, pop in a SIM and disable the GE WAN port.