Views
Helpful
Replies

Verify User Credentials

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

There is a option in LMS 3.2 in RME where we can verify credentials of user and device snmp settings.  Can anybody me route me to this tab.please.

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME > Devices > Device Management > Device Credential Verification Jobs.

Hello Joel,

Username and password are failing though they are correct ,My devices are authenticating through ACS do i have merge ACS with LMS 3.2 ???

Thanks

You need to make sure the correct login credentials are set in DCR.  Confirm the credentials are correct under CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management > Edit Credentials and then see if the credential verification job still fails.

Hello,

Still the verification is failing i dont know why ???? i have specified correct username and password,when i do manually by putty it works fine but i dont know why RME verification job's are failing..

Thanks.

Go to CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management and pick one of these failing devices.  Then export the credentials to XML.  Open this file and using the credentials you see here, make sure you can telnet/SSH into the device from the LMS server directly.  If so, exactly what error does the RME job show?

Hello,

The credentials are correct the error file are attached.I can do telnet from the LMS server.

Thanks

If you can post a sniffer trace during the Device Credential Verification job, that would help analyze further.  Make sure when you telnet with this user you have enable access, otherwise you need to enter the enable password in Common Services as well.  Are you using any custom prompts?

Hello,

Sure i will post u the sniffer trace but in CS i have put the enable password also but i dont understand why it is failing,i have created a username cwlms privi 15 password cisco i think this command is enough but i have put extra with enable password in CS.

What do u mean by Are you using any custom prompts?

????

Thanks

Custom prompts when you telnet to the device, other than the default "Username" - "Password" prompts.  For example:

User Access Verification

Username: admin
Password:

Please post a sh run along with the sniffer.

Hello ,

Attached are the sniffer trace as well as the sh run. The switches IP Address are in the range of 10.75.120.X

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sniffer is not filtered, which IPs should I be looking for?

absulutely Sorry

the switches are in range of 10.75.120.X

LMS is using the correct credentials, but it is not getting into privileged mode.  Try configuring "privilege level 15" under all your vty lines.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card