Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice VLAN configuration problem on SG220-26P

rznr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

i'm new to this forum and i'm not an expert with VLAN so be gentle with me [smiley]

We have multiple series 300 / 350 switches with a voice VLAN for our ip phones. So far everything works good.

Recently we added a series 220 switch and this one has slighty different VLAN options which i cannot get right. The phones at this switch don't work properly although i "copied" all the settings from the working switches. Phones that were registered on a working series 300 switch and then connected to the 220 work with minor problems. But i cannot register a new phone at the 220. It gets an IP from the "physical" LAN, not from the VLAN.

All in all i think the 300 has automatics that the 220 does not?

I added some screenshots of the settings, everytime first from a working 300, then from the 220.

Can you please help me?

Regards,

rznr

LLDP MED Network Policy

LLDP MED Network Policy 300LLDP MED Network Policy 300

LLDP Network Policy 220LLDP Network Policy 220

If the setting "LLDP MED Network Polics for Voice Application" is enabled even the working phones don't work anymore.

Default VLAN Settings

Default VLAN Settings 300Default VLAN Settings 300

Default VLAN Settings 220Default VLAN Settings 220

VLAN Settings

VLAN Settings 300VLAN Settings 300

VLAN Settings 220VLAN Settings 220

Port to VLAN

Port to VLAN 300Port to VLAN 300

Port to VLAN 220Port to VLAN 220

Port VLAN Membership

Port VLAN Membership 300Port VLAN Membership 300

Port VLAN Membership 220Port VLAN Membership 220

Voice VLAN PropertiesVoice VLAN Properties 300Voice VLAN Properties 300

The setting "Auto Voice VLAN Activvation" is missing on the series 220 switch.

Voice VLAN Properties 220Voice VLAN Properties 220

Auto Voice VLAN

This setting is missing on the series 220 switch

Auto Voice VLAN 300Auto Voice VLAN 300

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We ran some tests and noticed that the switch itself is broken. We replaced it and now everything works fine.

Anyway, thanks for everyones effort.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per your screenshot looks ok high level.

a couple of questions :

1. between SG3XX and SG 2XX switch, there is a trunk config right, did you allow VLAN 254 (or by default trunk allow all VLAN, what config ?)

2. For Testing on SG2XX - on one of the ports just configure only Voice VLAN 254 and check did you get anyIP? or if you manually allocate PC with that IP range are you able to reach Gateway?

Note : You may not get all the features expected to be in SG2XX compare to higher model ( Sg3XX)

If the above setup not working, then you need to disable auto smart port configure voice vlan statically all ports.

On the ports : example :

macro auto disabled

voice vlan id 254

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/CBS220/CLI-Guide/b_220CLI/voice_vlan_commands.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

regarding your questions:

1) There is a trunk between the switches via Gibics, the 220 ist the last in line. As far as i can see all VLANs are allowed.

2) I tried that but i didn't get any ip.

The 220 does not have a smartport feature. I tried to set up everything manual but then i had to reset the switch because nothing worked anymore...

Regards,
rznr

Not sure if SG220  have SSH access, if yes, please post show run

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We ran some tests and noticed that the switch itself is broken. We replaced it and now everything works fine.

Anyway, thanks for everyones effort.

Regards

Hello,

are these Cisco or third party (non-Cisco) phones ? In the latter case, you probably need LLDP enabled, it looks like on the SG300, that is enabled by default. On the SG200 (the second screen shot from above/first one for the SG200) there is a setting:

LLDP MED Network Policy for Voice Application

Try and click the 'Enable' box next to that option.

Hi Georg,

we use third party phones (Unify Openstage).

If i change the option you mentioned on the 220 the following happens:

• Disabled = Phones that were registered on a working 300 and then connected to the 220 function, telephony is possible
                     New Phones cannot be registered
  • Enabled = Phones that were registered on a working 300 and then connected to the 220 don't function anymore, telephony is not possible
                     New Phones cannot be registered either

Regards,
rznr

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card