cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the command to find the Mac address of a VG310 on the CLI?

jrosa5001
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Yep sorry , slightly misunderstood , try show diag and look for any reference to mac address(es) in the output. If you want to make sure of the online mac address, you can for instance ping from a PC in the same subnet and then issue  arp -a | find "ip-address-of-vg10"

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which CLI and or on which platform/model are you trying to use the particular CLI ?
    M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It just says vg310. Not sure how to find the platform...

- Yep sorry , slightly misunderstood , try show diag and look for any reference to mac address(es) in the output. If you want to make sure of the online mac address, you can for instance ping from a PC in the same subnet and then issue  arp -a | find "ip-address-of-vg10"

M.

Thank you!  Sh diag gives you the chassis mac address.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card