Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Client Count in Prime Infrastructure is wrong

hefe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wireless Community.

does anyone know this problem? The client count for a wlc in Prime Infrastructure (Version 3.3.0) differs from the real client count on the wlc.

It seems only newly connected clients are added to the counter in Prime, but disassociated clients are not substracted from the counter.

E.g. current client on the wlc Monitor Client Summary shows 4921 Clients. Prime Infrastructure shows 46746 clients on "Inventory / Device Management / Network Devices" Page for the wlc. Also the table "Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Clients and Users" filtered for Associated Clients on the wlc shows 46746 clients associated (!!!). This is definitely wrong...

IMHO the SNMP Traps Receivers and Trap Controls settings on the WLC are correct (all Client Traps are enabled).

Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Brian McPhillips.

As any software has bugs... we got hit by another one of them. Just do the update to Prime Infrastructure 3.3.1 Update2 and your worries will be gone.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CSCvd27365, CSCtn52995

pieterh
VIP
VIP
Prime remembers event over a longer time than the controller.
If Prime is configured with a MSE this this may even be longer (months) depending on the cleanup of the data.
but there is a field "status" that indicates associated or diasassociated
You may need to make this column visible using the wheel-icon at the right side,
even when it is not visible you can use the drop-down arrow next to "show" to filter on associated clients only.

Hi @pieterh, as i said, i got the column status and it is filtered to show only associated clients.

Hi Hefe, I am seeing the same issue with our customers Prime 3.3. Did you get a resolution for this? I found this bug but it relates to 3.1 https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvc04197/?rfs=iqvred

Hi @Brian McPhillips.

As any software has bugs... we got hit by another one of them. Just do the update to Prime Infrastructure 3.3.1 Update2 and your worries will be gone.