I followed all the steps:

- export from WCS

- install VM small PI.1.1.24 ova import WCS database

- upgrade to PI.1.3 + appropriate update's

- backup PI1.3 database

- install new VM express PI 2.0

- restore the PI1.3 database

Everything seemed to be OK.

WLC's where reachable after editing the SNMPv2 Community IP address and netmask on the WLC's.

Config Archive is working OK

Traps from WLC's and AP's are received OK

Maps are imported OK

When I looked at the Device Workcenter i noticed the Inventory Collection Status was still at  "Synchronzing" for all the WLC's.

Because he is Synchronizing nothing can be editted or deleted for these device's.

Also there are a lot of errors when retrieving detailed information from the WLC's.

IE. You can see how many AP's are associated with the WLC but not how many clients.

Also the error:

"Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:Error:ERROR: Resource key "null"not found in default bundle Error:COMMON-1:Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem persist please report to the TechSupport"

Turns up a lot

I already restarted the VM.

1 Reply 1

marc.groenen
Level 1
Level 1

Problem was related to CSCuf61483

During a WebEx session with TAC some DB records were cleared this did not solve the issue.

In the LifeCycle view Device workcentre we are unable to edit or remove the devices since they are synchronizing.

After switching to Classic view we were able to remove the device's from the unkown devices section.

After adding the controllers everything seems to be OK.