cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Formatted Flash

Matt Wilson
Beginner
Beginner

I bought an ASA 5520 from a local for sales and the seller said it had the botnet filter and GTP/GPRS included. The ad also said it would be reset to factory defaults. Upon startup, I was presented with the ROMMON prompt. His version of factory default was to format the flash card. After I reinstalled the IOS it only showed the base default licensing. I believe the licensing is tied to the running permanent activation key stored on the flash. Is there any way of getting the original permanent activation key back?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
VIP Guru VIP Guru
VIP Guru

Not that I am aware of - if the seller has activation key you can request them explaining the situation.

if this is not in the contract of cisco - maybe not get help from TAC - this is more of end of life product.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
VIP Guru VIP Guru
VIP Guru

Not that I am aware of - if the seller has activation key you can request them explaining the situation.

if this is not in the contract of cisco - maybe not get help from TAC - this is more of end of life product.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers