cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA firewall 5512-x

Basil Atov
Level 1
Level 1

My ASA 5512-x firewall got burnt by a power surge. I got a replacement of the same device. I swapped the HDD but it seems the new device didn't read the configuration on the HDD. My internet configurations are done on the firewall and I don't have internet.

Please what can I do? 

I need help 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The internet is coming up now but it will just come and go back with a time frame of 3mins. 

you mean on and off internet for the LAN side devices ? then you need post here show run (from ASA)

I think the device is now seeing the configuration but what may still be the issue? 

what config you see OLD one or new ONE either can post show run here

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the ASA burnt, maybe HDD might have gone bad too, you need to start from a fresh ASA  configuration (if you do not have backup out of the box )

start from here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/115904-asa-config-dmz-00.html

BB

Thank you Balaji for your swift response. 

However the situation has changed. The internet is coming up now but it will just come and go back with a time frame of 3mins. 

I think the device is now seeing the configuration but what may still be the issue? 

if you have new one it UP, disconnect any link to ASA 
use old HDD and copy config as @balaji.bandi  suggest 
then add new HDD and enter config again. 

it may that some part of HDD is also defect, do you want to loss second FW.

The internet is coming up now but it will just come and go back with a time frame of 3mins. 

you mean on and off internet for the LAN side devices ? then you need post here show run (from ASA)

what config you see OLD one or new ONE either can post show run here

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card