Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA transparent firewall with multiple vlans icmp

standrews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I am trying to configure transparent firewall see below diagram, simple setup 3 vlans and the svi is on the router, but when I trying to ping from the vpc1 to it's default gateway 192.168.1.1 and it just doesn't work, I can see the arp on the router for vpc1 and I have already done the access list for icmp and also put inspect icmp into the policy map. vpc1 can ping interface bvi1 (192.168.1.50)   e0/0 interface on the switch and router are just trunk and allow all the vlans, thanks 

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if this eve-ng what is IOL version of the switch, try no ip cef and let me know if that works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB

yes it's IOL on eve-ng and I tried to put no ip cef on the switch and no difference, still can't ping the gateway, thanks for the help

Ok good clarified it IOL and you tried, Do you have ACL rules ? If you have ASDM Access Launch the monitor and ping from vpc and see what error you getting ?

icmp permit any inside

BB

Hi BB

yes I've got any any ACL and also inspect icmp on the policy map, I don't have asdm and when I try to use packet tracer on the asa it doesn't work on transparent mode, thanks

Let me check the Lab and get back to you, if i closely look your config confusing me here. (but weill clarify after testing).

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: