Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I'll try to make this as least complicated as possible. Scenario: Mirror all traffic being sent to and from vlan x on a Nexus 5672 to an interface that is directly connected to an ASA 5525x. Purpose: To filter and inspect traffic on the ASA FirePOWE...

Hi, I wonderr if anyone can help -  I recently installed an FMCv and associated a 5515X firewall running firepower services with it. I though I had licensed the 5515X, as I went through the procedure, genrated the license file, based on the FMC key,...

I just ran a portscan on my asa firewall and noticed that the ports listed below are open on my outside interface. My problem is that I am not using any of these ports and have not firewall rules permitting them. Any ideas on how to close them? 2000...

tech_king by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm making a CISCO router get the time from country specific ntp.org's servers (GMT+2). It functions correctly but does not adjust to daily savings (GMT+3). Not a big problem here. I don't want that anyway. Then, I synced the ASA firewall and Cat swi...

So I have run into an issue I have never seen before and I thought I would share the issue with a group. We installed a new ASA 5505 at a site using 3 interfaces: E0/0 = WAN E0/1 = 192.168.1.1 E0/2 = 192.168.2.1 We setup interVLAN routing between E0...

We are shortly upgrading some of our inter-site links from 1Gb to 10Gb. As part of that work I will be changing the reference bandwidth on the core switches from 2Gb to 100Gb (giving a bit of headroom over the 10GB circuits as we already have some 20...

bgl-group by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, When migrating ASA existing configuration to FTD, there are some options how to do it - Prefilter policy or Access Control policy (using Trust rules). Basically, my goal is to migrate the existing plain ASA configuration without using IPS ir any...

niko by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All. I try to download this geolocation database directly from cisco software and also tried from FMC update but no sucess kindly please advise. FMC version 6.2.0 Message Center Tasks Tab Your task Installing Sourcefire GeoLocation Database Upda...

Resolved! ASA route clean up

hi, i need to do some ASA clean which includes ACL, NAT and objects. i've been searching around and noticed these are the common ASA config clean up items. i'm not sure if ASA has a way of checking 'active' routes (usually static). my question, is th...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card