Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! ASA asdm not working

hi,when i am trying to access the webpage for asdm then the internet explorer is showing "internet explorer can not display the webpage" from the inside interface. following is the show version and show runing config. i checked with asdm 6.2.1 and 6....

nareh84 by Participant
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IOS Version Upgrade

I just got an ASA 5505 with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.0(4) alredy loaded on it.  Should I update/upgrade it to the newest IOS release, or is the 8.0(4) good and stable?Kinda new to the ASA world, so any help would be great....

jwood1650 by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASA 5505 Vlan Config

I have IOS 8.0(4) and the base 50 User License...will this config work?  I have two networks; my home network, and my lab.  I want to split my Internet connection between them, but keep the networks separate for the most part.  Will my license allow ...

jwood1650 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DoS / DDoS pevention techniques for cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance

I want to ask this community on how does a cisco asa 5585-x firewall with a bultin IPS module (AIP) would detect DoS / DDoS signatures. My concept or knowledge says that for above mentioned devices , its way to detecting between the two varies about ...

asad ali by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Access between several vlan

I have problems with NAT several vlans.I have specify nat from any to outside and I'm able to "get out":object network any-outnat (any,outside) dynamic interfaceHowever I don't have any other access between vlan configured on my firewall. Can anyone ...

ASA IPS SSM 10

Hello,we had two ASA with IPS SSM 10 sw 7.1.6. Automatic signature update failed. (Last attempt was more than 70 days). I tried to update IPS manually (sometimes it hapenned) . From IME (7.2.3) I saw warning message:  I tried update from CLI = same r...

ASA drops HTTP packets

Hi All,maybe I am overlooking a simple step, but here's the following:My config:Windows 7 hostMS Loopback Adapter with ICSGNS3ASA 8.42 with ASDM 6.4Vmware Workstation 7 with Windows XP SP3 vmAll are working like a charm, from my virtual XP machine I ...

cisco by Beginner
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASA5510 can't be accessed for management

I am trying to get an ASA5510 working in transparent mode, multi-context.  I am on revision 8.2.5, so there are no bridge groups (those are enabled in 8.4).I first set it to transparent mode, then set it to multi-context mode.  I am doing trunking th...

darkpaw01 by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WCCP on ASA for FTP over HTTP

Hello,We have a WSA appliance that we have in explicit mode and want to configure as transparent. The protocols we cache and analyze with WSA are HTTP, HTTPS, native FTP and FTP over HTTP.Is there a service number on WCCP for FTP over HTTP protocol? ...