Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

ASA 9.0 SNMP Issue

Hi, I have configured SNMP and NMS is able to monitor ASA for a few minutes but after that it times out and the NMS says it can not connect on port 161. I can not run snmpwalk either, however if I try it from a different host, I can run snmpwalk. I h...

Resolved! SNMP, management

Hi every oneI have a doubt. how to add a device to an SNMP community?. I mean the community already exists and it is already monitorizing by a PC (monitoring tests are performed in implemantacion possible).  and there are several teams that are monit...

FWSM 2.3 traffic down

Dears,         i have 2 FWSM as active standby , the traffic sudennly down for 10 sec and come back.during this 10 sec , i have the below:ERROR: np_logger_query request for Count Connections failed#sh np bl                 MAX   FREE   THRESH_0   THR...

CDP on ASA - why not ?

Have just spent a load of time debugging issues with a pair of ASAs I found not having CDP a real pain.There appears to be lots of comments that CDP is not available but none that explain why.Is it just laziness or is there a good reason ? After all ...

martin.law by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Help with NAT

Hi!I can't get one of my NAT rules to work. I have a big network with many dmz and production nets. One server on one of the DMZ are supposed to reach one license server on the inside network. But i can't get it to work. I'm sure im thinking wrong so...

Lajja1234 by Beginner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

SFTP through Cisco ASA

Hi, We are trying to get SFTP working from a server (x.x.128.13) within our network to another companies server (x.x.114.132) which we connect to via the Internet.  From our server the connection hits our ASA Firewall where we have rules in place to ...

Resolved! Issue Allowing Access Through ASA 5505 Firewall

I recently installed an ASA 5505 at a small business, to separate their wired business network from their employee WIFI access. Soon after the firewall installation was complete the office manager had a security camera system installe...

wholt by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Alternative to NAT0?

I'm preparing to upgrade our ASAs from 8.2.x to 8.4.x.  I know that 8.4 eliminates nat0.What I would like to do is prepare the current configuration to minimize what needs to be changed by the migration script.  I've been using nat0 for so long that ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers