Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

hows the going lads,We are about to purchase a new ASA 5505 but it will be behind a netopia DSL router . The netopia will be put into bridge mode and the vpdn configuration will be applied to the ASA.However I have read that the VPDN commands has bee...

kcornally by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,This is my scenario, Switch--FirstIntPair--PIXInside--PIXOutside--SecondIntPair--Hub--Internetrouter.I have two interface pairs(please don't ask me why). One between core switch and pix inside interface and another between pix outside and inte...

hoogen_82 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As you are all aware, by default the 'inspect sqlnet' feature is switched on under the global policy map on PIX v7 firewalls. I would like to keep the 'inspect sqlnet' feature on at the global policy level, but turn it off for traffic travelling betw...

itrequest by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Following is message with show conn in the pix525,ver 7.0. x.x.x.x is email server ip address. I don't think have 4g email send out in that time. How to understand this message? that source ip address is changed as time."TCP out 62.37.236.x:25 i...

bma by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, I have an ASA 5510 version 7.0(4). I have a problem with the nat0 , at some point of time my nat0 line on the inside interface simply dissappears . When i try to add it again it gives me an error ERROR: access-list has protocol or port . No...

big_admin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was wondering if the AIP-SSM module on a ASA 5510 or 5540 can authenticate users against a Tacacs+ server? If so can you configure it so you can use ssh to login on to the device with authentication through Tacacs+?I have my ASA set up so I can ss...

bkhickman by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 515e, 6.3(4) with an internal interface and a DMZ. The DMZ interface is 10.0.20.1 and the outside interface is 69.xxx.yyy.188/28I have setup a web server which is currently the only device in the DMZ. I need to make a static mapping to this...

pstebner1 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a pix 506e. I want to purchase another console cable. The one I have now is what looks like an RJ-45 (but not) and one end is an "RJ-45" to 25-pin serial adapter. The wires in this thing are,starting from 1, BLU, ORN, BLA,RED,GRN,YLW,BRW...

I have an ASS5510 with 3 interfaces, External, Internal, and DMZ. I have configured a mail server in the DMZ and I can get to it from the external interface and from the internal interface.External access is a simple NAT..static (outside,dmz) 192.16...

jdehnert by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI've got a question about static mappings on a PIX515E running OS 6.3(5).My scenario:There are two inside LANs attached to the PIX each of which have a static mapping to the outside interface for the whole subnet.eg static (inside,outside) 10.10.10...

PDEdwards by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card