Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

As a PIX 7.2(2) Cisco Command Line Configuration Guide document,ESMTP inspection detects attacks, including spam, phising, malformed message attacks, bufferoverflow/underflow attacks. It also provides support for application security and protocol co...

creamware by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are observing the following two issues with our ASA 5540 firewall. Clear xlate local is not evacuating the connection established with that local ip. Translation is clearing but it is not able to track the corresponding connections and clear the s...

Hello,I just changed the hostname of my PIX 501 and here's the outcome:oldname# config toldname(config)# hostname newname%Key pair with hostname oldname.some.here.dom will be invalidnewname(config)#what does the key pair message mean, and what troubl...

Hi,Please see the attached network diagram...We are looking at a management firewall (admin context) with multiple client firewalls. The management firewall will have a number of management servers that will need to access servers on the client firew...

Hi,Can you provide me any docs regarding the advantages and disadvantages over PIX and ASA and vice versa.Basically I have a option to install only one device and performe all things( VPN, threat mitigation etc).Pls help.Bikash

bikash_bd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

when I run show config for my IPS. I noticed that their is a Virus update. Can someone tell me what this is. I have not been able to find an explaination of this anywhere. Thanks

I am running ASA5520 with Outside, Inside, Client and Branch interfaces. The inside interface connects to the Server farm network (192.168.0.0) only. The client interface connects all the clients on the LAN network (172.16.0.0) to the branches (throu...

a.shaukat by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i'm using IDS 4235 running IPS 5.1(5) with 4 Fast Ethernet card.when running in inline mode with default signature configuration it slows down all internet activities (I connected to the internet via 2M SHDSL).i don't know what is wrong ....??

falcon123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes