Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi,i need alittle help with my PIx 515. we have a bunch of current acl's for a segment of our network and i need to put one in with a range of udp ports. i cant figure this one out, even looking at the command sequence. i have many with one port o...

bchyka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We have gone through tremendous growth with RA VPN clients and decided that SSL VPN will be a better solution for us.So we started looking and are testing two vendors, Juniper and Aventail. While their products deliver what they promise, I sta...

jacquesd by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1811 router that will be terminating an ISP connection. There will be no VPN tunnel configured. Is it possible to configure one static NAT translation that will be plugged into the switch ports on the 1811 and the other devices plug...

I just installed a 525 at a remote site. I made sure I had a good host name and FQDN in the config. I generated the RSA key pair. SSH statements are there as well allowing access to the inside interface. I was then able to SSH into the box via an...

Hi, My name is Zab and my issue is that my firewall (PIX 520) on startup asks for floppy to boot. Since I have no such floppy disk how will I change the boot option so that it can boot without a floppy on its own?

zab_urman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys. I'm looking for a new router security appliance. I would like it to be able to tell me how much bandwidth is being transfered over the wan and lan both for in and out. Like good logging/reporting feature. So if you download say 6gb from the...

buggs1a11 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cannot manage via https on public interface get 403 (not authorized) error. Managment via private interface is OK. Access rights are configured https is enabled. I have tried tcp:443 and reconfigured for tcp:8443 same outcome with traffic managemen...

b_learoyd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can somebody advice me - where i can find information about configuring NAC L2 802.1x on wireless AP 1200 series? Or can somebody show me example of configuration file? I have found configuration guide only about wired solutions (configuring NAC L2 I...

We have a problem with running FTP through the PIX, either in active or passive modes.We have a fixup running for ftp on 21, the pix sits behind a perimeter router, and I have checked that it is not an ACL on it that is causing the issue.We are using...

On our PIX515E that runs PIX 7.2(2) and ASDM 5.2(2), if I enter an access list from the CLI it is not displayed in the ASDM. However the access list works and is displayed when sending the command 'show run'. This is the case for all the acces list...

Currently, the network topology at my workplace is the following:The main office/network (Fairbanks) is in the 10.9.x subnet, and connects to the outside world through a cisco ASA 5510 box.Users on individual computers can use a vpn client to connect...

ibrewster by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there anyting like IPS Device Manager available for Trial Version that can be installed on windows machine for study purpose.for eg. there is PIX device Manager that can be installed on windows thxraju+91 9867791104

Hi all, I see in Security monitor: IPS database file: 119% (Usuage) idsmdc.db (28.94%) idsmdc.log (90.45%)Now, I want to ask, If I delete file idsmdc.log, Cisco VMS can run well or not? How to decrease the IDS database? Thank you very much.

mylove142 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card