Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

At what point does the PIX issue the 'connection built' syslog message. Example - 04 04 12:42:38 DMZPIX %PIX-6-302013: Built outbound TCP connection -668712345 for outside:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1234 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1234) to inside:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/4514 (x...

klisagar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a weird situation. I can surf the internet just fine with most web sites. However there are a few that I can't get to through my PIX (i.e. microsoft, ebay, yahoo mail). Can anyone think of anything that might be the cause? I know it has someth...

I'm want to upgrade my pix firewall 515 from 6.1 to 6.3. I'm wondering if the config would stay intact or will that all be lost? and also if i copy config, could i just put that back if it gets changed?sorry, i'm new o this. thank you ahead of time.

sxiong001 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have seen various references in this forum and in Cisco documentation to upgrading the MARS signatures using the Admin>System Maintenance>Upgrade path. I am currently running release 4.1.4 and was wondering if there are signature upgrade packages a...

can anyone just tell me that on PIX 515E is it important to have a global statement, meaning i have few ip address given by service provider out of which we have one setup for the global statement in pix. also we have NAT for different server. proble...

Okay I am starting to go insane!!! I have setup a red hat box at home with the SSHD started and running. Now I have putty and cygwin on my PC at work, I am trying to setup an SSH tunnel back to my red hat box at home. I want to be able to use local p...

Hello,My goal is to access tcp port 1723 and GRE (IP 47) on a Windows server inside our LAN from the Internet. I am having trouble connecting through the router and PIX. Internet > Router > PIX > LAN (Server)Router External IP (Serial): xx.216.35.242...

slatonisd by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have an edge router "outside" of the PIX, and a TFTP server "inside" the PIX, but when I TFTP the running config from the edge router to the server, the file shows up for a few seconds and then goes to a size of zero. I can TFTP from devices inside ...

jharvel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes