Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

i have pix 501. i want to configure it to access form outside. i have tried ssh.i have given the following commands only:hostname voippixdomain-name pix.comca generate rsa key 1024ca save allssh (outside ip) (outside mask) outsidepassword 1234access-...

how can i reset to factory-default ?Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(4).I try with the command "configure factory-default" ,but i receibe the next message :px01-rksl01(config)# configure factory-default'config factory-default' is not supported on PIX-5...

saidap by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I have two ASA 5520 and i wonder if the following failover configuration is possible. Can i use the management 100 FE interface for sharing regular and stateful failover. If so we have 4 Gigabit interface to use for other tasks. Or do i have to us...

cisco7889 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've just upgraded my Cisco Pix from 6.2 to 6.3(5), but now I'm trying to upgrade PDM from 2.0 to 3.0 and every time I try to tftp the new PDM file to the firewall it looks like its installing and then I get an error stating " No PIX image found in d...

Having a problem here on a 506 6.3(4) that the user says popped up out of nowhere one morning with no changes having been made to the config. There is a 506 a layer 2 dumb switch, and then 1 internal server hanging off this switch. the PIX can ping...

slug420 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!I have got one question about the purpose of IPS licence. If I correctly understood, licence should assure you to obtain signatures, so that means if your licence expires, you will not be able to apply signature to the sensor. Am I right?I try...

Resolved! VMS 2.3 IPS MC 2.2

I am having difficulty with a VMS server, running IPS MC 2.2. When I try to push out a signature upgrade (regardless of signature level), I get an error. Ther error is "Object update failed. Unknown update type." Anyone have any idea how to fix this?...

mherald by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning I'm writing you because few days ago the Cisco Pix appliance, installed on the network of my Company, had a crash.Few seconds before make statefull fail-over (with the standby unit), I could capture the last log messagges and I send you ...

sercopi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a recently re-imaged 4255 sensor with V5.1.1 installed. The sensor app continually dies for no reason and I am constantly having to login with the SA and restart the cids process. Any ideas/recommendations?

cjuba by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PIX config

Hi;I'm new to the PIX firewall and I'm looking to see if a project is possible. I have 1 PIX and 3 ISP's that need to be connected for both redundancy and network protection. I need to know if my configuration is possible and if so some info as to w...

Hello,I'm debating whether to go with a 515e PIX or 3825 router w/ FW IOS. What does the PIX offer that a FW IOS cannot do? I am leaning toward the 3825 because I am much more familiar with IOS. Thanks!

lxcollin1 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! I have a question about routing function in ASA 5500. scenario: The asa (inside int 192.168.1.1) acts default gateway for all inside nodes. We have also another network on the inside (192.168.2.0), can the asa route traffic to this net via onl...

cisco7889 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card