Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Running 6.3(3) on my Pix-525 and i have some trouble deleting remark statements.They look like the following:access-list FromOutside line 166 remark ***Hostname***If i try to delete the line using the "no" statement the pix os accepts the command, bu...

HI I am probably missing something very obvious, but how do I clear events out of DFM. From what I can see I can only ACK an event but it stays in DFM. This is a problem since eventually I have messages from AAL my devices in DFM - in an Ack'ed state...

waynem by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 version 4 IDS appliances that all of a sudden are reporting that the root filesystem is full during a signature update. Can anyone suggest where to start looking for the culprit? I've already ensure all logging (IP/Event) has been shut off...

8rpalmer by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our pix is sending syslog messages to two servers. The servers archive messages every hour. Why would one server have 2% larger files than the other? Does the pix have a first choice server? thanks

abevers by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI was wondering if anyone knows of a way to provide per-user views within the Firewall MC. I have a large number of PIXs at different sites and I would like each administer at each site to only see their firewall when they log into VMS.Any suggesti...

srowles by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One sensor will not update, tried to delete sensor from VMS IDS-MC, but get error saying there is a change pending. However, can't find any pending changes. Was told there is a script I could run to solve this issue, but can't locate it. Any Suggesti...

vpoole by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Command references state that N2H2 isn't supported for "filter https" and "filter ftp", only Websense. Our N2H2 contact says they support non-http filtering, what's the problem in the PIX? Anybody have an idea when/if this will be supported? I'm in K...

Scenario: a TCP connection is ALREADY established between an inside and outside host (3-way handshake completed). The Pix receives a packet for the inside host in this connection with TCP SYN set - what does the PIX do?I would think it discards it bu...

mh1437 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 501 device. I have configured a site 2 site tunnel. It worked for a while (2 days) and then stopped. The problem now is that I'm blocked in Phase 1. My pix send a packet ISAKMP to the other side, the second respond and my pix does nothing wh...