Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

We were testing ips which seemed to break comcast and cox cable users from loading our website. A user from any other isp was not effected. Anyone have an idea?I had roughly 150 signatures enabled using the generic attack-drop.sdf on a 3725 with 256 ...

rinelson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Newbie here so go easy on me.. I am pulling my hair out on this.What is the proper way to create an event variable for addresses outside my networks? Ie: internet addressesThanksDan

milanod by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a test web server inside our DMZ that accesses a sql server on the inside network. The problem is when I create the access rule access-list DMZ_inf_in permit tcp host 172.16.10.250 eq 1433 host 10.10.2.28 eq 1433 and create the static routesta...

Has anyone configured a Cisco Pix 515e over GPRS (General Packet Radio Service over a mobile phone network) ?Reason I ask is that I tried and as the mobile network provider perform PAT at their gateway (for reserved local addresses to single public I...

wdsglobal by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Does PIX "fixup protocol" command work in both directions? By directions, I mean, from inside to outside and from outside to inside. I know it works for inside to outside, but not sure if it works for outside to inside traffic as well.To be...

Hello. We have a problem where it seems that the PIX is actually dropping all VLANs on a show interface. After a restart they are back and everything works which it did not(of course) do before the reboot. Have anybody seen anything like this? PIX 51...

bjr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Well, I have this strange problem with 6500 and 4215. Everything works just fine, sensor is blocking and no real problem with that.But, I get high cpu usage on my 6500 device whenever IDS is accessing it for ACL configuration.I tried to sniff on ...

Where can I find a listing of the threats that are mitigated. We are comparing/evaluating products, and one primary need is spyware blocking. I know it lists spyware as one of the 'anti-x', but there is no "meat" to the claim. Has anyone installed an...

rsmith by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When an event shows up in the event viewer the details pane to the right has all the details of the event. One of the sections is "Response" it lists "IP Logged: True/false" etc. If I have a sig with an action of "deny packet inline" shouldnt I see s...

mkirbyii by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, The last version of IDS MC i worked with last month would automatically login to CCO and download the lastest signatures, but the signature installation process was manual.My question is that has Cisco come up with a version of IDS MC t...