Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. We have just taken delivery of 2 Cisco Pix 515E firewalls and we are unable to access the PDM or get a DHCP address. We have plugged in the Firewall, connected it to a laptop with a crossover cable. I hav...

lobber123 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day Everyone. I was hoping that some one may have run it the problem that has been stumping us. We are running a Cisco Pix 506e firewall which sits in front of an ISA server behind which is our exchange 2003 server. We are only running 1 exchang...

I have two PIX 525's in failover configuration and am experiencing something strange....about two or three times per week, I notice that the "Active" light on both PIX's will be lit. A show failover command shows that only one is active and the othe...

8rpalmer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When attempting to do a SNMP walk on a PIX 506E it timed out. The SNMP-SERVER community string is set. Are there any other parameters that must be configured to allow SNMP access to the PIX.

cdrobey by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I've always been pretty comfortable with the PIX's default security (no connections from lower sec interface to higher interface, w/o ACL) but I've seen some posts that indicate some think that it's recommended that outbound ACL's be applied (...

rschroed by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I wonder if anyone can help me, I am quite new at working with Pix's so please excuse any glaringly obvious errors.I have set up our Pix 515E with 3 interfaces - inside, outside and dmz. I have place the proxy server in the dmz interface and restr...

adekugm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've configured traffic-shape for limiting bandwidth of pptp tunnels, everything is okay except for netbios sessions. It seems to be that traffic-shape policy does not recognize netbios sessions (tcp 139). When someone start a netbios sessions, the b...

dongochuy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

During the loading of Cisco Works I must have made a typo for the admin password but admin with a password of admin does not work. I can log in as guest but that does not really help. Is there anyway to find out what the password was or to change it ...

tcherry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Just wanted to see what would be the best way to handle this scenario. If I have a Cisco 2650 at our head end and a 1760 at our remote office doing a site to site vpn can I also set up a dynamic vpn for our remote vpn clients to also vpn in to t...

stevem by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes