Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,One of my client has a Pix 506 and it had been running great. They have it for couple years now.For the past couple months, about once every week, they cannot connect to Internet and a reboot of the pix is required. After reboot, the problem goes ...

ciscopaul by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I would like to know, if anybody has a Cisco URL, for how configure a Pix Firewall with 6 interfaces (inside, outside,dmz1, dmz2, dmz3, dmz4) without nat.Thanks in advance.

rsoave by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,Could you please advise on how to limit our Outbound connection only letting network users to access HTTP and servers SMTP, DNS etc...We're currently using PIX515 with the latest sotware.Thank you in advance.

support by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please excuse my noobness, but I need some help with FTP traffic to an internal server on my network. My configuration is pretty simple, i think. Interfaces:inside- 192.168.100.254 255.255.255.0outside- 10.1.10.2 255.0.0.0 The outside IP comes fr...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to install a 501 on a small business network that is hosted by another company. They currently have it set up with 172.17.xxx.xxx for their internal LAN and have it routed(?) to be 216.201.xxx.xxx on the outside.I set the inside address to the...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am having problems with configuration of a Pix 501. This is the first time that I have set up one, and I can't get inward NAT to work. Here is a copy of my configuration : The problem is, is that if I try to open a http session to 193.x.x.67 fro...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to use cbQosPoliceConformedBitRate to graph bandwidth for QOS policy. I am not able to figure out what policy goes with each entry. When I do a SNMP walk I get cbQosPoliceConformedBitRate 1915.1923. cbQosConfigIndex 1915.1923 = 1819, but cbQos...

tbulliard by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As mentionned in the PIX 6.3 specifications, we are able to nat outer address on less secure interface on the PIX (6.3).In my case, I have a connection to open from a host A (192.168.40.40) on the inside interface to a host B (10.125.125.125) on the ...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Have recently upgraded a pair of PIX 525s to 6.3(3)running in stateful failover and wish to load PDM on them. Queries I have:1)As they are in production enviroment, do you have to reload the PIXes for PDM to work? 2) Is there a recommended method ...

noelf by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloUnfortunetly I canot paste a diagram to make my self clear but I will try to get my questions across.I have always seen PIX as a device that seperates the network in to sections ( eg. DMZ, Internal..). You could use failover to recover from a fa...

dehghan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes