Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Do you need to setup an access list to enable syslog messages to a host on the inside interface? I'm not getting syslog messages on kiwi. I have it set up for udp on port 20000 and the pix has the logging host inside 'x' udp/20000 command. In the ...

raffski by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I am sucessfully configured my LAN switches for port security auto shutdown and max-mac-count 1 in order to protect any body to plug they laptop or any other device to get connected with my network without authorized approval. I knew it is ...

mtrf by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I work on the company helpdesk, and I was asked a question in passing that I would like an answer to.I understand that L2TP uses GRE to tunnel. I would like to know how internal gateways on the internet and local LAN routers, and ABR's know how to r...

mcmilldou by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am going to upgrade my PIX(520)software version from 6.2 to 6.3(3).But I want take backup of existing version 6.2copy flash tftp--This command does not exist.Is there any way to copy existing software for backup ??Please help me.Ishwar

ishwar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 520 PIX running in failover mode on 5.3.3 version. I am getting a message on Primary such as "(Secondary) Lost Failover communications with mate on interface X" and then if I do show failover, it says that its doing testing on both interfa...

mbaig by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PIX software

HiI am going to upgrade my PIX(520)software version from 6.2 to 6.3(3).But I want take backup of existing version 6.2copy flash tftp--This command does not exist.Is there any way to copy existing software for backup ??Please help me.Ishwar

ishwar by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to put a Mobile IP home agent behind a PIX ? I've got two public IPs, want to PAT one on the outside of the PIX and forward/translate one to the home agent. Anyone done this? Can it be done? Thanks.

I am trying to get a PIX working with an ADSL modem. It seems that the modem has a fixed IP of 192.168.0.1 and is configured with a dhcp client using http on this address. Having been configured with the ISP etc the modem then 'remembers' the MAC add...

I'm attempting to set up a PIX to firewall for devices on a valid IP subnet. This is a 506e, with only two interfaces.I'm having trouble finding a config example, and wondering if that's because this isn't a supported configuration.Any pointers?Than...

lucifuge by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HICan anyone tell me what is the size of PIX firewall version 6.3(3).Ishwar

ishwar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I tried to put a command"telnet x.x.x.x outside" but, I can not telnet to this outside interface ip address. I can ping it but never get response back from thsi pix outside ip.I am runing ver 6.2I am confused, any idea ?thanks

ewei by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card